Tuesday 1 December 2015


The second song in my December series of excellent Christmas songs is the first track off Ordinary Time's "In the Town of David". The song is entitled "Zion".

The entire album is absolutely stellar, and can be found here to listen to and purchase: http://music.ordinarytimemusic.com/album/in-the-town-of-david

The main guy playing guitar and singing is my friend Peter La Grand (which literally means Peter the Big). He gave me this album a few years back, and I listen to it on repeat each Christmas season. The songs feel old, measured, simple and careful. There is no pop, no fat, nothing unnecessary. You get the feeling that you are listening to Scripture being sung. It all just seems very close to the heart of Advent and the birth of Jesus. I heartily recommend giving the whole album a listen.


No comments:

Post a Comment