Wednesday 11 November 2015



I love it when we are praying in the park in the morning - this morning was a beautiful, crisp, sunlit morning with birds singing and a troubadour playing guitar on the bench nearby - and we look up from our intercessions to notice someone else has joined us.

Just quietly. Sitting on the cement block behind us. Head bowed in genuine, deep asking. Shy, nervous, unsure of your welcome, yet there and seeking.

I don't know what drew you to this small moment of prayer. I don't know what pain or need you harbour, if any, as you would not say. I don't know if you are saint, sinner, or angel unawares.

But I treasure your presence. You accompany us. Your prayer is added to ours, and lifts ours up together, boldly, impossibly, to the Father, the Creator.

Thank you for praying with us this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment